Friday, July 27, 2012

Youth Park LLC Plan

The weather is still hot out there but I'm going to get out of the office at 3pm or before 3:30pm. The farewell dinner with colleagues starts at 7pm. That's 3 and a half hours to go.... I'm not going to mall because I would spend money there. I'm not going to stay in the office, it is not my favourite place and never will be ( I guess ).

Therefore, I have had a plan up front. It sounds crazy and stupid and I'm going to try it. I'm going to run. Initially I was thinking to park my car at Straits Quay and start running from there to Youth Park, but after second thought, the route should be quite busy, so I changed the plan again.

I started to map a run to roughly get the estimated distance that I would like to cover. I have never done this, but with my Garmin Forerunner 405, I could run anywhere, anytime and yet be able to know the actual route I took and distance covered, but I feel insecure to go blindly, so I play play with the mapmyrun.


So basically if I run there, back and forth and took a couple of repeated section of route, I am still OK. Anyway, it is just a plan, not a concrete plan. I will start at the car park, run opposite to the driving direction, then towards the main road and to Botanical Garden before returning to Youth Park car park. Check point and rest.

Then take the straight route to Taman Jesselton and try to cover all streets in the neighbourhood, out to main road again, and check point again at Youth Park car park. Tentatively, that should give me 10km.



I'll continue to run if I'm still fresh. I need to kill the time until 6:15 to 6:30pm. Shower at Youth Park then Straits Quay.

May the Force be with me!

= run fire =

No comments: