Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What's Holding Me Back?

Ohh... I have completed a simple questionnaire or psychological survey about what is holding me back from prospering or shining???!!! and you know what... it is kinda accurate, but I will remember the positive and also negative takeaways.

Here you go...

FEAR OF DISAPPROVAL

You seek permission before you make changes, and you can get stuck when you think it won't be granted. My clients who are addicted to approval often didn't get enough of it when they were younger. As adults they tend to look to titles and salary for validation. People in this category also shy away from asking for help, to avoid rejection. This can be a crippling fear, because pursuing your dreams requires support, whether it's financial or emotional. To move forward in your life, you need to start valuing your own approval more than others'. This is, of course, easier said than done. It takes work. I tell my clients to write themselves permission slips for what they want: I give myself permission to take a vacation. Or I give myself permission to volunteer in a different field. This may sound silly—in fact, I know it does. But the exercise can be very useful because it prompts you to remember this crucial fact: You don't need anyone else's permission but your own.


OMG... I'm a coward~!!!

You can try yours here.


No comments: