Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I'm the 99% too

We are the 99 percent. We are getting kicked out of our homes. We are forced to choose between groceries and rent. We are denied quality medical care. We are suffering from environmental pollution. We are working long hours for little pay and no rights, if we're working at all. We are getting nothing while the other 1 percent is getting everything. We are the 99 percent.

This is the header that I came across one website. Please visit We Are the 99 Percent. Many people is US is suffering from job loss, unemployment, high debt, long working hours, etc. That's kinda change my perspective on US, I thought the states are a wealthy country, people with high earning power, there are a lot high wage vacancies waiting to be filled every day. Well... I was wrong. Maybe that is true in the 90's, but not in this decade.

I do not want to elaborate how is the situation in Malaysia, which everyone else except some Mr.and Mrs.Ma, has to work their asses off to survive. I'm glad that I still have a job, not a job that lands me a fortune, but there is always some balance after paying off the bills.

Of course I'm still in debt, the study loan, the car loan, the parents loan. I guess I can default the later one but not all stated before that. I'm glad that I can still have a comfortable home, still can 'give', 'help' and 'donate'. It makes me feel better. I hope the government knows what they are doing, the policy makers know what to be done, to not to get the stage that the states is.

I guess everyone can declare himself as the 99% entity, but there should be more to be done to rectify the problem. There is still people without clean water, electricity, sufficient food in all part of the world. Wish everyone all the best.

Help others if you can. Make this world a better place to live.

No comments: