Tuesday, August 14, 2012

SICK - As A Record

Argh... it has been a while and I was beaten again, by the virus. I'm having really bad fever on the 4th and 5th day in Bali (11-12 Aug), then followed by the sore throat.

I'm not sure what is the cause of the illness but it is definitely not something fun, not something that anyone wants to get through. I was not be able to eat properly since day 1 I was sick, I dropped 2 kg in 2 days.

Within this 4 days, I ate the least food since the day that I know I'm a big eater.

Still don't know what is the root cause but I suspect either one or combination of 2 or more:
  • Heat stroke due to not drinking enough water.
  • Too much beer and mixing? (Bintang + San Miguel + Lemonade Vodka?)
  • The place that I stay is not clean. (Don't say a thing about this, simply speculation)
  • Too much Balinese food?
  • Just have to hit after a long sick-free period (2 years+, I did not even know when was the last time I suffered so badly???!!)
Anyway, I have been nursing this myself, cooling down myself with towel and taking Panadols, until I touched down in Penang and went to see a doctor.

By that time, not much heat, but sorethroat was really bad and still bad.

Just need to record this. I need to take care of myself more, even though I could be a stronger and healthier athlete now, but still viruses are not something that you want to mess with.

Lagging behind in my training plan already... not a good thing. 2 weeks to 4 weeks back to back 21k, 21k, 42k, 42k....ahhhhhh.... how?

Argh... I miss all the delicious Penang hawker food.

=GET WELL SOON=

No comments: